Paybeta ("we", "us" or "our") is an online payment gateway that makes it easy for individuals, subscribers and customers to place orders and make payments for services (utility, tickets, airtime, reservations, etc.) and commodities over the web (PC & mobile) using payment cards (VISA & MasterCard), mobile money and direct debit from costumer's bank account.
Your email address and phone number supplied at sign-up will be used as a means of communicating information, notices and documents to you.
Some services on this platform would attract a charge.
ONE TIME PASSWORD (OTP)
The Platform uses a two-factor authentication software for fraud, risk and compliance monitoring, known as Safetoken. Safetoken generates a 6-8 digit One-Time-Password (OTP) whenever a transaction is initiated via the Platform.
SECURITY AND UNAUTHORISED USE
You are responsible for all transactions conducted using your computer (personal or otherwise), mobile phone, tablet or other electronic devices ("Device"), payment card or account. It is your responsibility to keep all of these secure
All passwords must be kept secret. You are liable for all activities undertaken using your username, associated password or Device. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all Account information and keeping your device from unauthorized use.
We accept no liability for any unauthorized use of your Device, payment card or account or any effects of same.
In the event your device has been stolen or there is unauthorized access to your payment card or account, it is your responsibility to immediately notify your bank to restrict transactions on your card and account.
SUSPENSION OF ACCESS TO PLATFORM
We hereby reserve the right to suspend, restrict, or terminate your access to the Platform (in whole or in part) without any notice or liability in the following circumstances:
- Upon receipt of instructions from you to suspend or terminate your access to the Platform
- Upon receipt of notification from you that your device has been lost or stolen
- If we suspect the Platform is being used for fraudulent or other illegal activities.
- If we believe that continued access to the Platform will be detrimental to our business.
- If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete.
You shall not permit any person using your Device or account to:
- use this Platform in a way that causes or could cause damage or restrict the availability or accessibility of the Platform;
- store, copy, transmit, publish or distribute any computer virus, spyware, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger or other malicious software via this Platform;
- conduct any fraudulent or illegal activities via the Platform;
- You hereby understand and agree that if fraudulent activity is associated with the operation of your account, We have the right to apply restrictions to your account and report to the appropriate law enforcement agencies
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event shall we be liable for:
- unavailability of the Platform at any time or your inability to use the Platform.
- any form of delivery or failure thereof by a financial institution, merchant or telecommunication company listed on the Paybeta Platform.
- erroneous input of transaction details.
- any loss arising from any failure or delay in any mobile phone networks or internet service provider or defective Device.
- any special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages, including loss of profits, however caused.
- Under no circumstances shall it be implied that we endorse, sponsor, certify or otherwise guarantee the sale or use of any merchant's products and/services listed on the Platform. Use and/or purchase of same shall be at your own risk.
We shall use our best endeavours to ensure the platform functions optimally at all times and our systems are free from viruses, however, we cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for the same. Hence, it is recommended you put in place your own security measures. we do not warrant that the operation of the platform will be uninterrupted nor error-free, nor will it be 100% fraud or fail-proof. We are providing the service "as is" without any express or implied representations or warranties concerning the services or its condition, timeliness, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose or use by you. we do not accept responsibility for the deletion or failure to store any user communication, actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have in this regard.
Our website and services are not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly transact or provide any services to children under 18.
Disputes & Reversal
If you believe that an unauthorized or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place, you agree to notify us immediately, to enable us to take action to help prevent financial loss.
All claims against us related to payments should be made within 45 (forty-five) days after the date of such payment. It will be taken that you waive all claims against us, to the fullest extent of the law after the said period.
If you enter into a transaction with a third party and have a dispute over any service (s) on the platform, we have no liability for such service(s). Our only involvement concerning such transaction is as a payment gateway.
We may intervene in disputes between users and merchants concerning payments but have no obligation to do so.
Your transaction ID and/or transaction details will be required to resolve all disputes
Acceptable Use Policy
You are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws related to your use of our website and services. However, by accessing or using Paybeta, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions of our Acceptable Use Policy which you can read on our Acceptable Use Policy page.
Updates, Modifications & Amendments